Views
Helpful
Replies

2960-X rack-mount kit

jaegerschnitzel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

we lost a few rack-mount kits of our new Catalyst 2960-X switches. I found the following part numbers:

• RCKMNT-1RU-2KX= Spare rack-mount kit for Cisco Catalyst 2960-X Series for 19- and 24-inch racks
  • RCKMNT-REC-2KX= 1 RU recessed rack-mount kit for Cisco Catalyst 2960-X Series

What is the default 19 inch rack-mount kit which is included in the switch box? The first or the second one?

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can see exactly what's included in the switch box at the Getting Started Guide here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2960xr/hardware/quick/guide/b_gsg_2960xr.html

The kits you mention are for when you need to replace those parts (lost, damaged etc.) or when you need to adapt for a 24" rack or a recessed mounting application (neither of which is included by default).

There's not a Cisco doc showing the precise content of those kits but if you do a search for those part numbers and restrict to images, you will see several people selling them online who have uploaded pictures.

I already did search the images but there were a few contradictory images with the same part numbers. So I'm not 100% sure about this. Perhaps someone had the same problem in the past and can help me.

jaegerschnitzel
Level 1
Level 1

I finally sorted this out.

• RCKMNT-1RU-2KX= A couple brackets and some screws is all you really need to update your switch. The Cisco 2960X Series Catalyst Rack Mount Kit is compatible with a variety of models and designed to help you mount your switches for safety and efficiency
  • RCKMNT-REC-2KX= The typical reason to recess mount a switch is because the door on the equipment rack will not close while cables are connected to the switch. If you have this issue this kit will mount your switch 2 1/2" further back than normal, giving you more room.

The rack-mount kit included in the switch box is called RCKMNT-1RU-2KX-BRKTS. It is part of RCKMNT-1RU-2KX= next to other brackets.

Interestingly I recently ordered a RCKMNT-REC-2KX= kit from Amazon to recess a 2960-X and found that it did not fit the switch and allow it to be recessed. It seems there are multiple versions in the market claiming to be this part. How do I go about obtaining a genuine product that is gurarateed to work?

Hello davb6.
Your question : "How do I go about obtaining a genuine product that is gurarateed to work?"
Answer : By only buying at the official Cisco resellers an Cisco distribution. You can find these at www.cisco.com/go/partnerlocator
They use only the part codes available @ Cisco
A lot of counterfeit is sold on these ( especially online )