cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

A problem with the recovery processing for RSFC image on C5K using Xmode?

Leonlei
Level 1
Level 1

The C5K lost power just right after I deleted all files in bootflash of RSFC by "squeeze" command, so the RSFC entered into rommon> status after the C5K power-on.

I think the only way for recovery is Xmodem, then I followed the standerd recovery process for Cisco 2600 and 3600 router:

rommon>xmodem -s38400 -c

then change the Hyper Terminal speed to 38400 and send file by xmodem protocol.

The transfer process is ok. After it finished, I checked the file using command

"rommon>dir bootflash:", but still nothing in there. After reboot it, I was led to rommon> stauts again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no any document on CCO for RSFC image recovery procedure, anyone got the same problem before or give me some directions??

3 Replies 3

xge
Level 1
Level 1

It is normal that the image is not in bootflash after xmodem download. Because xmodem downloads the image to RAM only. You have to configure the RSFC so as to tftp the image to bootflash again.

How can I configure it from Rommon mode? After I downloaded the image, I iniciated boot command from Rommon mode, but RSFC back to rommon again later with following error:

an alternate boot helper program is not specified

(monitor variable "BOOTLDR" is not set)

and unable to determine first file in bootflash

loadprog: error - on file open

boot: cannot load "?"

Please instruct me what's the next step after downloaded the image, thanks.

Never mind. It works. Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: