cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

About catalyst 6k oc-12 Lane card future ?

jhlin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have several quetions about 6500 atm oc-12 cards , could you tell me some information because I need it to transfer BIG atm campus lan to GiGAbit

solution. Thanks

A. Does catalyst 6K continue support this oc-12 card in future ? including new 6k product version.

B. Can we trunk two 6k box with giga channel , they have oc-12 card per 6k box, also they can run load balance and redundancy in oc-12 lane ? How long for

recovery time if oc-12 can not run load balance, that is to say , oc-12 block because spanning tree ?

C. If 6k can not solve my problem ( transfer campus atm to Giga lan ) , what product I can do it. This site have many atm switch ( about 60 ), I need your help .

Thanks.

Best regards

2 Replies 2

bsivasub
Level 4
Level 4

OC12 module is currently supported on Hybrid CAT OS software and would be continued to be supported on that version. It is supported with the newer sup2/msfc2 modules. It is not supported on the NATIVE IOS. Native IOS does offer flexwan with ATM interface option.

Yes, cat6k can run gigabit channel. The recovery time for OC12 between two phy is pretty fast (less than 3-4 seconds). If you are running PVCs it is the fastest, lane probably takes a few extra seconds depending on the number of lane clients coming up and SPT blocking state ofcourse.

Does cat6k support oc-12 in higher speed backplane

, it means that having switch fabic module, the only

difference is that cannot run on native IOS ?