cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Active Directory

Senbonzakura
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone, I really need some help on this. No matter what I do, I cannot get this to work at all.

Right now I have a NAS running a VM in which is running Microsoft Server 2016. It has an address of 10.0.0.247 and the NAS has an IP address of 10.0.0.248. 

The modem is only handing out addresses .2 - .245 and anything beyond that is statically configured. 

try to 

I installed AD and followed the setup, created the DNS server and all. The server is running it's DNS and when I do NSLOOKUP I can see the domain name on the server. Now, here's the issue. When I try to join another client into that domain in which is corpnetwork.local I get an error but when I use the NETBIOS name which is corpnetwork I get prompted for a username and password, I type in the admins info.. and it sits there spinning for about 5 minutes and says either domain doesn't exist or cannot make contact.

I did make sure that the NIC on the client is statically configured along with the Server and the NAS and the DNS of the client is set as the Servers IP so I'm directing it there. Any help to why I cannot get any computers to join the domain would be greatly appreciated.

0 Replies 0