Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR 1009-X licensing

Human374
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm planning to use a ASR 1009-X router with 40Gbit connections (80Gbit throughput) and I would like to know whether any performance licenses are needed?

Also do you know any documentation regarding the Cisco licensing? What kind of possible licenses are available for a specific hardware / IOS? I'm quite lost with this topic...

1 Reply 1

Leonid Voronkin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm planning to use a ASR 1009-X router with 40Gbit connections (80Gbit throughput) and I would like to know whether any performance licenses are needed?

Performance license uses only for 1001 and 1002 platforms. Chassis like 1006 or 1009 do not require performance licensing. Chassis performance driven by only type of ESP.

Also do you know any documentation regarding the Cisco licensing? What kind of possible licenses are available for a specific hardware / IOS? I'm quite lost with this topic.

This information is usually indicated in Data Sheet

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: