cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Backup of CiscoWorks Server

sbanyas
Level 1
Level 1

What, if anything, needs to be done to any of the components of CiscoWorks2000 for a server backup? I.e. With HPOV, one needs to pause the databases. Is there any backup strategy for CiscoWorks2000?

4 Replies 4

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Use the Backup feature that comes with CW2K. Server Configuration->Administration->Database Management->Backup Data Now OR Schedule Backup. The application will take care of the rest. For restoring the database, you need to stop the processes etc. The procedure is listed in detail in the on-line help.

I know already of the embedded Backup feature with CW2K Server. What I am curious about is when I perform a backup of the WHOLE server (OS, other applications, etc.). Is there anything special I need to do for CW2K in this case?

Why do you want to backup the whole OS which you can install again via the CDs?. It's the data that is more important. For CW2K, using the embedded backup feature will make sure that all the necessary steps are done by the script before doing the backup like stopping the processes, making sure that there's no open db tables being used etc.

It is a requirement by the area who supports the server hardware and OS. If it were left up to me, I would be fine with what you have stated. But it is not, so I must ensure that the application I support will work with full system backups.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card