cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP default-originate

2rtreimanis
Level 1
Level 1

I need to inject default route to some customers which are already organized in peer-groups. Unfortunately all IOSes i have tried (12.0, 12.2, 12.0S) deny it saying: % Invalid command for a peer-group member

On the other hand http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/tk80/technologies_tech_note09186a0080093fb7.shtml states: All members of a peer group must share identical outbound announcement policies (such as distribute-list, filter-list, and route-map), except for default-originate, which is handled on a per-peer basis even for peer group members.

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

I think, the statement itself clearly tells you that, you have to specify default-originate command separately for each peer, even though they are in a peer-group.

HTH

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thats exaclty what im trying to do ;)

Unfortunately getting that error message all the time.

ruwhite
Level 7
Level 7

This looks broken. First, I've looked through the code, and I don't see any reason why default information originate should be considered part of the policy that would break a peer group up. It shouldn't really impact replication, as far as I can see. Second, I don't see any outstanding or resolved defects that would address this, and clearly either the documentation or th e code needs to be fixed.

So, either open a case with TAC, and get a big filed, or email me, and I'll file it.

Russ

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card