Views
Helpful
Replies

blackout during configuration reset 1700/1721 router

Schmaeschke
Level 1
Level 1

Hello folks,

i got a big problem, during a configuration reset i got an electrical blackout. I have set the configuration back after a password reset and send the reset prompt. At the restart of the router the blackout take all for 10 seconds out. When i restart the system an connect the router with the hyper terminal i get the following output:

9ø      óùùøôøøõøøøøøøøøøøõøøøøõøõøøøõøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøõøøøøøøøøøøøôøøø
øøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøôøøøøøøøøøýøøøøøøøøøøýøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøõøõøøøøýøøøøøüøøøõøø
øøøøøø®&B4l øMèB4»þ

I think the config was lost but how can i restart the router and enter a new one?

I hope someone could help me out of this misery.

2 Replies 2

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you able to break into rommon during bootup (search for password recovery procedure if you're not familiar with how to do that)?  If so, make sure the config register is what you expect (2102 usually).  I ask because you will get garbage characters on the console when there is a mismatch in console speeds (default is 9600).  I don't know how a blackout could change the config register though.  If you can't get into rommon, you can try different speeds when you are setting up hyperterm to get to the device until the characters change to something readable.  If neither of those work, you'll have to get the box replaced.

I'm not reaching the rommon-mode or anything else. That what i was posting is everthing that happens. I tryed Strg-Break at startup but northing happens.

I there no way to get access to the router???