cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Build new network

Phillip.Green
Level 1
Level 1

I need to build a new network from "scratch" with about 50 vlans for separation built with c3750G stacks.  Is there a tool to help automate all of that instead of manually designing and configuring everything?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Let me know any further assitance required, If you using used or refurbhsied, suggest to look for Cat 3850 for better life (just suggestion)

if all ok we mark this as resolved.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cat 3750 EoL, suggest to use Cat 9300 for Long term plan.

50VLAN not a big setup, you can use what ever automation tool you looking to deploy., PnP or Zero touch provision can help you to automate, depends on how many stacks you looking to install.

BB

Understood they are EOL....  So is our budget. I have 5 stacks of varios sizes from 5 switches to a single switch on one floor.  

if i were you, i just install all configure manually (prepare the config in text editor and paste it) - for this you do not need any automation tool, instead of building automation environment ( as mentioned cost effectve) - i will configure and install them respected area.

You need just 5 configuration, most of them should be same all VLAN config same,  except any VLAN SVI information changes required.

BB

Phillip.Green
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks all for your input.

Let me know any further assitance required, If you using used or refurbhsied, suggest to look for Cat 3850 for better life (just suggestion)

if all ok we mark this as resolved.

BB

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Phillip.Green wrote:

I would never encourage anyone to use IOS-XE for SOHO/SMB network because it is very management intensive.  

Stick with classic IOS, the same ones that run on Catalyst 1000.

Agreed as OP more keen to get OLD hardware, not the latest due to personal reason, hence my personal suggestion.

BB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: