cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C2960X get socket error when trying to update using Pumpkin

techcoora
Level 1
Level 1

Set up a C:\Pumpkin folder. Downloaded c2960x-universalk9-mz.152-4.E7.bin and c2960x-cwml.01_05_00.tar. to newly created folder

Install Pumpkin and set C:\Pumpkin as TFTP filesystem root, Give all files, Take all files. 

Went to switch enable prompt#

copy tftp flash

Address or name of remote host []? 192.168.1.67

This is the TFTP server IP. Press Return or Enter.

Source filename []? c2960x-universalk9-mz.152-4.E7.bin

Destination filename [c2960x-universalk9-mz.152-4.E7.bin]

Get socket error

What am I doing wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

= I would start by not trusting Pumkin as a TFTP servicing solution ; try another TFTP service(product) and check whether the problem is persistent or not.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

= I would start by not trusting Pumkin as a TFTP servicing solution ; try another TFTP service(product) and check whether the problem is persistent or not.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

The primary problem was I connected to the console cable when trying the update. Once I moved to SSH login through the switch IP address, the download occurred. 

Found Pumpkin worked on a non domain network and not on the domain network. Used SolarWinds TFTP server to update switch on the domain network.