cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can RWAN, LMS and CWM runs in the same Solaris server ?

boonteongng
Level 1
Level 1

Can the Ciscoworks 2000 RWAN, LMS and Cisco WAN manager run in the same Solaris server ?

If yes, what is the hardware requirement for these 3 software ? I found the minimum server requirement for these individual software in CCO. If they are in the same server, should i take the highest spec among the three ? or adding the 3 minimum spec up ?

6 Replies 6

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

LMS/RWAN can be installed on the same sever but install CWM on a separate server. That's the recommendation.

What is the impact of installing the LMS/RWAN together with the CWM in a same server ?

minielsen
Level 2
Level 2

It depends. In some cases you would chose to install even just LMS on more than one server. You need to look at which parts of LMS and RWAN you want to install and decide what you'll do with e.g. port conflicts. By default RTM and DFM listens on UPD port 162. If you install CWM you'll need a NNM as well, and NNM also listens on UDP port 162.

The latest installation I've done of CWM was on a Solaris 8 with 4 CPU's and 8 GB of memory. NNM was running on Oracle. This server could easily run parts of LMS and RWAN as well.

I have CWM running with NNM in HPUX platform. Becase CWM has been stopped development in HP-UX platform, i am using a 9.2.09 CWM which is full of bugs. The NNM has also need to run at version 5.x because of the CWM.

I also need to install full package of LMS and RWAN. I am thinking of installing the Cisowrks 2K in a Solaris server and migrating the CWM to the same Solaris server with newer version. NNM will also be upgraded to the latest version in the existing HP-UX platform which will then be integrated with Cisowrks 2k and CWM in the Solaris.

I need to know the follwoing;

1. Can LMS/RWAN and CWM co-exit in the same Solaris platform ? If not recomemded, what is the impact of co-exist ?

2. Can NNM in HP-UX intergrate with CIscoworks 2k and CWM in SOlaris ?

Not sure about CWM integration but for CW2K integraion you need to use the Integration Utility + HPOV Adapter from CCO. See the respective README files for more details.

Note that CWM is not supported with the latest NNM (6.31), only 6.2.

1) Both RIZWAN and I have given some concerns.

2) Yes.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card