cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't ping between routers

adamkolansky
Level 1
Level 1

I need some guidance on pinging from router 1 to router 2 and 3 and viceverse. I've been struggling pinging from PC Admin in Office 3 to CEO1 in Office 1, I have looked for all connections and looked for all possible missed commands and subnet masks, I have done everything in my knowledge, even though I can't reach connectivity from one network to another.

Attached please find the topology I've been working with, so you can take a look and correct me from my mistakes.

Also how do I do crypto key sets? I Have module bits done. THe professor didnt really teach us. this part in class I Had to figure it out on my own.

Saw someone helped troubleshoot someone else doing this project. I tried doing what you suggested to fix the issue and it didn't work.

Thank you all.  

Routers: the first set of log-information: Router 1 login username: admin password: my_password - last set (after press enable)- privileged mode password beatles1960. 

router 3 in order to login the password is my_password the privileged mode password is beatles1960).

switches user names and passwords: username admin password ACDC1973 then enter in enable and password (privileged mode password) beatles1960.

4 Replies 4

Martin L
VIP
VIP

this looks like PT Activity file?  if so, it means made by instructor as final or semester exam or check. this also means it is totally solvable and your should get 100 % working PT at the end.  There are steps if not there is a check list that gives you percentage of completion and what exactly is good or not good.  Ping is not only way to see what's wrong.  Just use check list (one with percentage)  to see what is wrong and fix it.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Any idea what is my problem though? My professor isn't helping me. I"m also trying to study for the network + certificate too. The checklist isn't descriptive enough to be helpful.

You got 95%; according to score sheet some lines and crypto keys are wrong; this could means a typo or extra space; check and double check; we do not have a document with instructions so it's hard to tell you where errors are.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Hello

No able to access all the rtrs (rtr2) but by the looks of it, you need to:

All 3 rtrs-

• remove your static routing
  • make sure your address allocation of all /27 subnets do not overlap
  • passive default the ospf routing stanza
  • Unpassive the serial interfaces
  • enable ospf on all rtrs interfaces ( int x/x -  ip ospf 1 area 0)
  • then test conectivity

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card