Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 2950G-24-EI Switch

manoj.jain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

i m facing problem in particular one switch.In clustering environment of same series of switches (Catalyst 2950G-24-EI Switch ),if i put a particular one switch my network got jammed and all the switch LED blink very fastly & when i remove this particular switch everything is normal.

so plz help me , is this problem due to this particular switch and plz tell where is problem too.

thanx in advance

4 Replies 4

globalnettech
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Manoj,

make sure that the switch you are having trouble with is not (inadvertently) the root for your Vlan(s). When you take the switch out and boot it up separately, does it give any indication on the console regarding hardware, software, or memory problems ?

Regards,

GNT

i think, some thing is being broadcasted more on the switch you have connected, thatz y all the LED's are blinking fast, this is mostly the indication of broadcast, so try to find the affected PC on which is port it is connected.

to identify the problem, what you can do is... connect the switch to the other switch, & then start removing one by one cable. so that you will come to which is being broadcasted, wait atleast for few seconds after removing the cable from each interface. once there is no improvement in 1st port, then plug-in & proceed to the next port & so on.

hope this helps.

rate this post

ya its working fine when its boot separatelly, without any error.But when i put this switch with other switch (cascading) , all the switch lED blinks very fastly and all the network got jamed.

thanx

after connecting to the other switch ,when all the led blinks very fast, try plugging out 1 by 1 ports & see the led blinking stops when ur removed eg. say fas 0/12, when the blinking stops, which means that the pc connected on fas 0/12 is producing more broacast, juz isolate that machine on the network.

hope this helps.

rate this post.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card