Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 3550 "archive upload-sw" command

hheldner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I will use the "archive upload-sw" command for upload an image from the switch to a FTP or TFTP server. The switch crashed with a dump several times. Thanks for help.

Hartmut

3 Replies 3

raymong
Level 4
Level 4

There has been a bug filed for this problem:

CSCdy22756 - archive upload-sw causes switch to crash and reload

Currently it is an internal bug so you will not be able to view the notes for this bug. It looks like this bug has not been resolved yet because the problem was unreproducible. If you can reproduce this problem, I would suggest opening a TAC case so that you can gather the necessary information for the DE's to resolve this problem.

Thanks for the bug-ID.

Yes, my problem ist unreproducible too.

We ever suggest our field technicians to save config and image of a cisco device in a service situation. If the "archive upload-sw" command is defected, so I can use the "copy flash tftp" command to save the image.bin.

Is there an other solution, maybe "archive tar /create" ?

Thanks

Hartmut

I ran into the same problem and I never could get any of the command line tools to upgrade the .tar archive correctly. I tried using the web interface upgrade software tool and this sucsessfully upgraded my .bin and html files. I dont understand why the web interface would sucessfully upgrade as I believe it uses the same commands as the CLI but it seemed to work in my case.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card