cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 4507 monitor session

jwebber
Level 1
Level 1

I have a catalyst 4507 that I have one monitor session configured. The source is the inside interface of my pix and the destination is the monitor port on my ids device.

We are using Websense v5.5 and I would like to use the network agent piece to perform protocol filtering. In order to do this, the Websense server must be able to see all traffic. I know I can only have one destination port per monitor session. Is the best way to get what I want to create another monitor session with the source of the pix and destination of the Websense server? Or should should my source be VLAN1, which is the only VLAN I have? The pix is configured as the default gateway for all clients.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jim

1 Reply 1

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

Websense is basically a Url filter which can be used. The PIX firewall can be configured to communicate with a Websense server to restrict outbound HTTP traffic (FTP and HTTPS in 6.3). The Websense server's essential responsibility is to create and enforce a set of policies to allow or deny access to specific URLs. Websense policies can be assigned at the user level. This affords the Websense Administrator the ability to assign specific access privileges to individual users.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_tech_note09186a00801e4197.shtml