cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3750 not forwarding arp on gig port

wlunsfo
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3750 stack with 2 switches. Switches are connected with stack cables. On gig port #2 on each switch I have a fiber going to two Extreme 48si switches. When stack switch # 1 is power cycled I lose connectivity with Extreme 48si #1 through stack switch #1 gig port. Extreme 48si switch #2 continues to function through stack switch #2. I have used a sniffer to capture traffic and do not see the broadcast traffic that should be leaving stack switch #1 gig port to the extreme switch #1.

I have tested using a UTP connection from stack switch #1 to extreme switch #1 and mirrored the traffic and see the broadcast arp packets go from stack switch #1 to the extreme #1 on the UTP port. Is there a command to cause the gig port to "wake-up" after a power cycle?

1 Reply 1

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

This chapter describes how to configure dynamic Address Resolution Protocol inspection (dynamic ARP inspection) on the Catalyst 3750 switch. This feature helps prevent malicious attacks on the switch by not relaying invalid ARP requests and responses to other ports in the same VLAN. Unless otherwise noted, the term switch refers to a standalone switch and to a switch stack.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00802126b8.html

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card