cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 857/877 Router would not perform GLBP

alvin1976
Level 1
Level 1

According to the feature navigator, GLBP is supported on both platforms. However, when GLBP has been enabled on the router, no host connected to the router can ping the virtual gateway (we can ping the virtual gateway IP from within the router CLI). From what we understand, hosts connected to the router running GLBP should be able to ping the virtual gateway. The configuration was straightforward and when set within a C1720 worked perfectly. Any idea how we can resolve the issue? we noted that the 877 and the 857 uses a VLAN 1 interface as a local interface unlike the E0 or FA0 of a 1720.

Thank you so much.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nope. The issue is still not resolved. But I'm hopeful with waiting for new IOS launches which might solve this issue.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

This task explains how to customize your GLBP configuration.

Customizing the behavior of GLBP is optional. Be aware that as soon as you enable a GLBP group, that group is operating. It is possible that if you first enable a GLBP group before customizing GLBP, the router could take over control of the group and become the AVG before you have finished customizing the feature. Therefore, if you plan to customize GLBP, it is a good idea to do so before enabling GLBP.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6350/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008042fb97.html

Hello, thank you so much for your reply. I'm not customising GLBP on my interface yet. I'm just trying to get it to work 1st. When I enable GLBP on my C1720, it worked flawlessly, not so when I did the same thing on the 855 and 877. Or do I really have to customised the GLBP with all the authentication and timings before it will actually work?

Thank you.

Hi,

I am wondering if you ever received a response or managed to get this working, I have exactly the same issue and I have even tried HSRP and VRRP and the virtual gateway is not pingable. I have IOS version 12.3(8r)YI1.

Cheers,

Andrew

Nope. The issue is still not resolved. But I'm hopeful with waiting for new IOS launches which might solve this issue.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card