Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5516: How to look at Crash Dump to see what Failed

jencisco001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco Community!

I have only worked with Cisco Firepower and Meraki MX devices in regards to Firewall troubleshooting. However, in one of our cities we had a Cisco ASA 5516 crash 4x last night and it was finally brought up and working. We are replacing this device with a Cisco Firepower 1120 and I can't get Cisco TAC support on the ASA 5516 due to the fact that it was purchased refurbished with no SmartNet. Our company just acquired this office a week ago and I am refreshing their network equipment. I wasn't expecting a crash this soon. I don't know how to look at a crash dump file to see why it failed. I can search for "error" or "Failure" and see many of these on the dump file. Is there any way you could help me look to see the point of failure for this ASA 5516 from a crash dump file?

I have attached the file.

Thanks so much! 

Much appreciated,

Jen

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- As the referenced thread also indicates , it does not seem to be user-supported to get much info from a crash dump, and or privileged to TAC-analysis :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-security/cisco-asa-5520-crashinfo/td-p/2209582

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '