Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Packet Tracer 3.5.5

mshelle7951
Level 1
Level 1

Salutations Cisco Team,

I am currently on an activity that I am stuck on Cisco packet tracer 3.5.5 Investigate the TCP-IP and OSI model Action.  I am stuck on Part 1 Step 2-E. I will also include that I retried parts Step 2-A through Step 2-D. I have a photo of what’s going on. I have an error that says “Hostname Unresolved.”

2 Replies 2

Martin L
VIP
VIP

"error that says “Hostname Unresolved.”" such error usually means DNS problems; Make sure DNS service is enabled on server and there is a record www pointing to IP of web server,  which is the same server. Also , make sure WWW/http service is enabled on the server.

2nd part; make sure PC has  proper information such as IP of DNS server.  Compare PT PC settings /info from ipconfig /all to your home PC which you use to post this here

what is this Cisco packet tracer 3.5.5 from? what book? what course?

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Salutations Mr. Mark L,

Hello, my name is Meagan Shelley and I am from Horry Georgetown Technical college. I am in an online class called CISCO Internetworking Concepts (IST-201-I01). My professor in this class is Professor Earl Smith, and we are on module 3 so cisco packet tracer 3.5.5 Investigate the TCP-IP and OSI models in Action.

Sincerely,
Meagan E. Shelley

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card