Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks 2000 - Export Configuration

rpeterson
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon all,

I am trying to perform a remote upgrade of CW2000. I have the new system built, CW2000 installed with all the latest updates. When following the instructions to run the various perl scripts that export the configuration from the old machine, none of the perl scripts run. I realize that this is probably not a cisco issue, but I do not know where/who to ask. All of the scripts require the "CRM.pm" perl module, which I cannot find. I can't seem to find any reference to it in usergroups, knoweldgebases, or even google searches. Any idea?

Old server: Windows 2000 SP4, CW LAN mgmt rev 2.1

New server: Windows 2000 SP4, CW Lan mgmt rev 2.2

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dmitry
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Do you have any other Perl (ActivePerl) installs on the system where you have problems with CRM.pm. If there is another (other than the one that comes with CW2000) version of perl is installed it could have overwritten the environment path, so each time your run export/import scripts they'd default to the other (no CW perl installation) which does not have CRM.pm module in its lib. Try either correcting the path to make sure that CW perl located before the other one or use the absolute path to CW perl.

Just in case, the export scripts on the old machine should be run from the ver2.2 CD, not from the old machine's Rigel folder.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dmitry
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Do you have any other Perl (ActivePerl) installs on the system where you have problems with CRM.pm. If there is another (other than the one that comes with CW2000) version of perl is installed it could have overwritten the environment path, so each time your run export/import scripts they'd default to the other (no CW perl installation) which does not have CRM.pm module in its lib. Try either correcting the path to make sure that CW perl located before the other one or use the absolute path to CW perl.

Just in case, the export scripts on the old machine should be run from the ver2.2 CD, not from the old machine's Rigel folder.

Hope this helps

Your suggestion worked like a charm. Thank you very much.