Views
Helpful
Replies

Cluster Management Suite - hangs on "Determining Network Information"

mksmith
Level 1
Level 1

Hello:

I am attempting to use CMS on a pre-existing network of switches. All of the switches are connected and have been managed via telnet since their installation.

When I run the GUI to one of the switches and create the Cluster with that switch as the lead, it comes back to the main GUI with no problem. However, when I try to add even one more switch, it hangs on "Determining Network Information" and sits there forever until I go into the CLI and delete the Cluster. The interesting thing is, if I do a "sho cluster" the new node has been correctly added.

I have tried using Java 1.3.1 and 1.4 with the same results. I've also tried it from different machines on different network segments with the same results.

Help!

Mike

2 Replies 2

beth-martin
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

The following doc gives the detailed configuration steps and procedures.:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps4916/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008011c54e.html

Hello:

I have used that link. It's during the process as listed that the GUI hangs. When I try to add a new cluster member beyond 3 switches it just hangs. I've tried it with different switches, different primary nodes, etc.

Mike

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card