cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 3.2 IDU 3.0 & User Tracking

axfalk
Level 1
Level 1

We're running a couple of Cat-6506's in the core and 4 Cat-2980G in a stack per floor on 10 floors. When we launched the CM 3.2, all the switches were discovered OK on the Topology Services, however when we launched the User Tracking, it did not find any of the switches modules' MAC addresses. So, we applied the IDU 3.0 to CM 3.2, hoping it would help, however it did not.

Does anybody happen to know what the problem might be?

thanks.

3 Replies 3

axfalk
Level 1
Level 1

Also, I have noticed that while I was in User Tracking and clicked "Help" and "About User Tracking", the Patch Version was 0, whereas in the Topology Services, the Patch Version was 3.

Thanks

Please verify that the information is obtainable manually by polling the MAC ADDRESS table via SNMPwalk tool.

Please take a look at the below link:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/477/Campus/ani.shtml#mac

If you are unable to poll the mac addresses manually then it might be a bug with the Cat OS software on your switch.

Thanks for your response. I would like to clarify something to make sure we're on the same page. My original question had to do with not being able to see the MAC addresses of the modules on the switches, not the hosts connected to the ports, as the latter works OK. Should the User Tracking be able to discover these MAC addresses?

Thanks again.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card