Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS with ws-c2970g-24ts-e

kamilabdeltif
Level 1
Level 1

With my newws-c2970g-24ts-e(12.2(25)seb4

I can't manage my switch by using the cluster management suite but I have à new web interface .

With an other switch(old)c2950-i6q4l2-m(12.1(13)ea1 no problem with the CMS.

I need tu use CMS software,perhaps IOS version????

1 Reply 1

b.hsu
Level 5
Level 5

Switches with different Cisco IOS software versions likely have different stack protocol versions. Switches with different major version numbers are incompatible and cannot exist in the same switch stack.

Switches with the same major version number but with a different minor version number as the stack master are considered partially compatible. When connected to a switch stack, a partially compatible switch enters version-mismatch (VM) mode and cannot join the stack as a fully functioning member. The software detects the mismatched software and tries to upgrade (or downgrade) the switch in VM mode with the switch stack image or with a tar file image from the switch stack flash memory. The software uses the automatic upgrade (auto-upgrade) and the automatic advise (auto-advise) features.

In this URL you can see more information about this topic:

Managing Switch Stacks :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00802c111d.html#wp1166394

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card