Views
Helpful
Replies

Connection to an ISP (Belgacom) with Cisco1721+wic ADSL

l.jerome
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to connect to a basic ADSL connection ( without fixed IP) . But the provider don't want to give me any information about this connection ( PVC??, vpdn supported ??,etc....). I'm not used with atm and I'm a little bit lost. So i would be pleased if someone of you have some information about this type of connection and the way to instal it on a 1721 router with adsl wic???

Thanks in advance.

Jerome

3 Replies 3

ali-franks
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

First of all, in order to configure the ADSL interface, your ISP MUST provide yuo with the PVC details. Unless of course they want to to it themselves!

Here's good start point;

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/794/top_issues/dsl/top_issues_dsl.shtml

Ali

rhelewau
Level 1
Level 1

Also make sure that your ISP is doing adsl over pots or adsl over isdn and that it is correctly setup.

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We need to know who is the provider (ISP).Generaly provider has fixed pvc (cpe side)....If its Pacbell then they use 8/35 or 0/35 as pvc..

Also need to know that what they have shipped you as hardware (isp gives their own dsl modem) and any softwares..

Based on the way the they want you to use it, we can speculate how it may have been configured..We might need to try 2-3 config types..