Views
Helpful
Replies

Could not bootup from new image

limleeheng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I could not boot from flash after installing a new flash. Errors as shown in the follwing:

switch:

switch: dir flash:

Directory of flash:/

3 -rwx 1809152 <date> c2900xl-c3h2s-mz.120-5.WC10.bin

4 -rwx 324 <date> env_vars

1801728 bytes available (1810944 bytes used)

switch: rename flash:config.text flash:config.old

rename: no such file or directory

switch: boot c2900xl-c3h2s-mz.120-5.WC10.bin

Loading "c2900xl-c3h2s-mz.120-5.WC10.bin"...c2900xl-c3h2s-mz.120-5.WC10.bin: per

mission denied

Error loading "c2900xl-c3h2s-mz.120-5.WC10.bin"

Interrupt within 5 seconds to abort boot process.

Boot process failed...

switch:

switch:

Anyone could help me?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Ron

2 Replies 2

jolmo
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Ron

This is what Cisco says about getting "Permission denied" message in switches after software upgrades:

"This error message appears when the boot parameters are not set correctly. In most of the cases, when setting the boot parameters during or after the upgrade, the word flash: is mistyped or completely missed.

Go to Setting BOOT Parameters at ROMMON (Switch: Prompt) to verify and set the BOOT parameters correctly.

If setting the BOOT parameters to the correct filename does not resolve the issue, perform an X-Modem upgrade, as the file present on the Flash memory could be corrupted or invalid."

Looking at your post it seems the word "flash:" is missing in your boot statement so try to fix it.

HTH

Hi HTH,

Thanks! The word "flash:" is missing.

I'm so careless.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Ron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: