cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTS signal down

thomas.green
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2610 router that is performing very slowly yet connection to our hub site is fine. An int s0/0 shows that CTS is in a downed state. DCD,DSR,DTR, and RTS are in an Up state. I would suspect that the external CSU/DSU would be the problem but am not sure. thanks

3 Replies 3

mark-obrien
Level 4
Level 4

CTS does come from the external CSU/DSU, but the CSU/DSU will turn that signal off in reaction to a problem on the line. If you have access to the CSU/DSU, can you see if there are any alarms or a high bit-error rate?

Mark

Thanks Mark, There are no alarms at the CSU/DSU and I have replaced the CSU/DSU and the problem still persists. My service providor claims the line is OK but there is a signling timeout at our end. I believe the problem is in the Dmark, what do you think?

I would have the line re-tested and ask your provider to perform a loop to both CSU's and also do a round-robin test.

Try providing yourself some loopbacks from the csu's and see what side is not responding.

If you have an extended d-marc, if possible move your equipment to the actual smartjack.