Views
Helpful
Replies

Device Add in RME

kuldeeprawat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I am working on implementing CiscoWorks 2000.

In the RME i am not able to add any device, and until and unless the devices are not added i can't see any report.

Please help me to add the devices.

Thanks

Irshad

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Some details would be useful as to what exactly is the problem adding devices?. Are you seeing any error messages?

When i am adding a device by the name that appears in the cisco default manager> Monitoring Console>.

It asks me to putthe snmp community and all its passwords.

And finish successfully.

But when i go to listdevices it doesn't show me any of the device.

Pls suggest

Hi,

I do not know if you are still experiencing a problem, but if you go to RME->Administration->Inventory->Import Status do you see any devices in rows other than manage devices? If so, there are many problems that could cause a device not to be managed properly in RME. I suggest the following:

1. Check to make sure that the name of the device is the same as configured on device and in the local host file of CW or DNS (Note: I just use a local host file).

2. Make sure that the community string is correct on the device and there are no ACL preventing CW from using that community string.

3. Make sure that CW server can ping the device and use SNMPWALK to the device using the community string.

Let me know the results.

Kersean Rozier