cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM notifications sent to NNM, don't make much sense.

david.bradley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This is more of an NNM question than a DFM question, but here we go..

When DFM send notifations to NNM as traps, they appear in the alarm browser as they have been generated by the device, the device being the CW2K server, plus the important part of the notification is bundled somewhere within the alert..

How can you make these events appear as they have come from the switch/router/etc. and also so that you can have the real notifation information in the event details?

You can get so much more detail from DFM, it seem such a pity considering both claim to integrate!

Dave

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you looked into SMARTS' DFM adapter for NNM? SMARTS is the company that actually makes the technology wrapped into DFM. They had been offering a free trial version of the NNM adapter for DFM. They are on the web at www.smarts.com

Hi,

It looks like a good product, do you know how much it costs?

Dave

If ya gotta ask...

SMARTS is an "enterprise class" solution. Cost of acquisition (generally US$ 100K+ when you put all the parts together) is only the beginning. They had a free seminar going around the country last month and I'm sure they'd be more than happy to talk to you personally if you contact them.

That said, the NNM adapter is "free" (no cost). They do want your contact info to allow you to download in order to develop their potential client base.

Hi,

I have aquired the SMARTS enhanced adapter and installed it, unfortunately it doesn't quite work as it should.

I contacted SMARTS who told me that it's only supported for NNM v6.4, not 6.41 and above :(

They do say that it may work in some circumstances and I did read another posting on the HP forum syaing that the contributor had mad a slight modification to a script, but I can't track it down.

What is failing is that the source of the traps is not being changed to the real source address of the managed item, it's still reporting the address of the Ciscoworks server.

Someone out there must know how! :)