cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP and Static

kenschurman
Level 1
Level 1

Got an unusual problem here. I have DHCP running on a 3750 switch. I have the first 10 ip's excluded. Dynamic address workstations are working as they should. Here's where the problem is. When i setup a static IP on a server in the excluded range, nothing works. can't ping it. when i set it back to dynamic, works fine. Double checked the subnet and dns. everything looks as it should. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have DHCP Snooping with Dynamic ARP Inspection (DAI) enabled on the switch?

If so, you need to explicitly trust interfaces that connect to hosts having statically assigned addresses. Use the command "ip arp inspection trust" in interface configuration mode.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have DHCP Snooping with Dynamic ARP Inspection (DAI) enabled on the switch?

If so, you need to explicitly trust interfaces that connect to hosts having statically assigned addresses. Use the command "ip arp inspection trust" in interface configuration mode.

Thanks Marvin. That was it. added arp inspection and dhcp snooping trust and every thing came to life.

You're welcome.

Please mark your question as answered and take a moment to rate helpful posts. :)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card