cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dial in 5350 with terminal window

p.plow
Level 1
Level 1

when i use terminal window to dial in 5350,the username/password can pass. this time is a phase of "aaa authentication login"

but after the terminal window it seems going to ppp authetication.Then fails.

that means when i use terminal window,i can't use "ppp authentication pap " on "interface Group-Async0"?????

on this,if a user that i don't know dials in with dialup netwoking,he can pass without authentication.

why? how can i authenticate a user with two method(terminal window,dialup networking)

2 Replies 2

wfoo
Level 1
Level 1

it might just be configuration, post your config and we can have a look

dbellazetin
Level 4
Level 4

Plow,

If you want your user's to be authenticated via a terminal window and then start PPP your AAA configuration for PPP authentication should read some thing like this. Depending on how your authentication is set up the line may differ but the key part is "aaa authentication ppp default if-needed"

aaa authentication ppp default if-needed radius local

By adding this command you will be able to have "ppp authentication pap" on your group async interface. What will happen is if a user dial's in with a terminal window and is authenticated and starts PPP it will not try to authenticate the user again since it has already passed authentication. If a user dial's in via Dialup Networking he will hit the Group Async and be required to authenticate via PAP normally.

Daniel

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card