cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does ip helper address work for VLAN SVIs on a 3750 switch?

gerryobrien
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. Has anyone managed to get ip helper address to forward DHCP broadcasts from one SVI VLAN interface to another on a 3750 switch?

5 Replies 5

Hello,

putting the ip helper address on one SVI pointing to an IP address off another SVI works, what exactly does your config look like, can you post it ?

Regards,

GP

Here is the config for the 3750 switch. We think we are doing everything by the book but no DHCP requests are getting out of VLAN 5 to the helper address in VLAN 1. Are there additional DHCP server/replay settings that must be on. Thanks for any help

Does anybody know what is the interaction between the DHCP relay service and the ip helper address command on a 3750 switch? Are they independent fo each other or does that DHCP services need to be set up for the ip helper address command to work?

Hello,

which physical interface is your DHCP server with IP address 134.226.32.57 connected to ? You have no trunk ports, only access ports, none of which is assigned to VLAN 1.

Regards,

Georg

Hi. The DHCP server 134.226.32.57 is attached through a switch on giga 1/0/1. I thought all unassigned switchports were defaulted to VLAN1. Anyway, I've added giga 1/0/1 to VLAN 1 but the assignment doesn't show up so I assume its the default. The 134.226.32 subnet is handled by the primary address of VLAN1

Gerry