cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DPC3941T Documentation is Incomplete

larryk420
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking for a complete manual on the DPC3941T router. 

The published PDF "Cisco Model DPC3941T DOCSIS 3.0 24x4 Wireless Residential Voice Gateway User Guide" shows the basic installation/hookup and Gateway configuration of the Wireless SSIDs and password keys.  

Missing is information about the function and configuration of other left tab topics(and sub-tabs):

• Connected Devices (Devices, Cordless Headsets, Range Extenders)
  • Parental Controls (Managed Sites, Managed Services, Managed Devices, Reports)
  • Advanced (Port Forwarding, Port Triggering, Remote Maintenance, DMZ, Device Discovery)
  • Troubleshooting (Logs, Diagnostic Tools, Reset/Restore Gateway, Change Password)

There are screenshots in the manual (pages 27, 28, 30, 33, 34) where these (4) topics appear, but no documentation. These items are functional (not grayed-out) on my DPC3941T, and I am looking to utilize several functions including Port Forwarding.

I've searched Xfinity and Cisco sites, surprised that this product is not adequately documented by either firm.  Your help is appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Judy To
Level 1
Level 1

I have the DPC3941T in our home and we have over 20 devices that connect to the internet through it. There is an option in the Admin Tool under the troubleshooting section to view the logs for a date range. No matter what range I choose, nothing generates after it tells me to "please wait this may take a while..." There is nothing to view ever...and we are connected 24/7. I can never monitor incoming and outgoing access through the wifi or LAN. Horrible troubleshooting tab with nothing else working. Horrible documentation with absolutely no help about how to get it working, or that it might not even SHOW the logs and what to do about that.

monicajaed
Level 1
Level 1

Good luck with that.  

One should also have the ability to configure 8 SSIDs per channel.  Yeah, right.

jscovell
Level 1
Level 1

I found a User Guide on the Comcast website.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card