Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

false device attribute errors on RME 3.4

I recently upgraded to LMS2.1 but I'm having issues getting my devices into RME. I get "Device Attribute Errors" - it says the TACACS login is invalid. But it's not, I re-entered it, and if I run snoop while checking the device attributes I can watch RME login to the switches sucessfully using the correct password - for some reason it still doesn't realise that it is logging in sucessfully.

Any suggestions ?

6 Replies 6

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Did you do a CCO Bug Toolkit search to see if this is a known issue?

Yes there is a bug, CSCdy36984. But no work around is given. Apparently this only occurs on Solaris 8.

It does appear to be random, but is is not related to how many hosts are selected for "check device attributes" - it is reproducible with 1 device or 100.

Simon

colin.barber
Level 1
Level 1

Does your system prompt contain > at the end? If it doesn't CiscoWorks doesn't know it logged in and produces the device attribute error.

Agreed. I have seen this in several instances on the NT platform as well. Mostly on Cat switches and it is when there is not > or # at the end of the Hostname or Prompt. We resolved this by simply adding a > at the end of the hostname. There is another issue though where the database passwords get corrupted. This problem seems to have been reduced in V5.

There is now a patch for this, rme3_4-sol-CSCin158501.tar.

This does fix the problem, ask TAC for it if you have this issue.

Simon

We have the same issue with false "INCORRECT" TACACS login information appearing in RME3.4. We can log into the device without issues, the user/passwords are set correctly in RME. We are on W2K SP2, CD1 5th edition. WE just opened a TAC case on it because this could be devistating if it effects the functionality of tools like NetConfig.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card