cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Flash

bkayyali
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2-separate flashes(each are 8M)...each one has a separate IOS...i want to upgrade to IP+ which its (16M)...can i make these 2 flashes operate as a logical one device with one IOS of 16M...??

6 Replies 6

arnulf
Level 1
Level 1

on

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios11/sbook/ssysim.htm

partition flash partitions [size1 size2]

no partition flash

To separate Flash memory into two partitions, use the partition flash global configuration command. Use the no form of this command to undo partitioning, and restore Flash memory to one partition.

(in my experience this is working fine)

Regards Arnulf

arnulf, is this possible even if partitions r in two physically different flashes?

thx ,i have 2 separate chips??? 2- separate physical flashes and i want they to operate as a one flash??? is it ok??

I know for sure that it is working on a c2500.

(Flash on 25xx is implemented using two SIMMs (80-pin, 120 ns).

As far as I know it is working on other platforms too. If you upgrade the flash, it should be recognized as one partition at first.

What router are you using?

arnulf, i use cisco 3660 ...can u tell me the exact needed command?..thx in advance

Remember: I'm speaking of SIMM-Chips, not of PCMCIA-Cards.

If there really are several partitions, you can make one partition by

[in config mode:] no partition flash

If you would want 2 partitions with each 8 MB, you would enter

[in config mode:] partition flash 2 8 8

If you have more partitions, you should have a line like this in the config and of course you will see them with "show flash". If you don't see partitions, you might have just 2 IOSs on one device. The 3660 supports partitioning of SIMMs (and of a PCMCIA-Card).