Views
Helpful
Replies

For helps to connect 3550-emi with intel 550t 510t stack

yongjunh
Level 1
Level 1

I have such network below:

there were one intel 550t , three intel 510t switch ,there were be stacked together, intel 550t has limited 3 layer routing function ,510t is layer 2 managable switch ,another link is a cisco 2924 switch.

recently i purchace one 3550-emi switch , i want use it as the main layer 3 switch to enchance my lan . I setup a four port trunk to intel switch (encap dot1q), but it can't no ping any hosts connect in the intel switch. the connection between 2924 and 3550 working correctly .

would someone tell me the possible reason?

1 Reply 1

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

Ensure that the trunking mode is set to "nonegotiate" if you want to configure Trunking between Catalyst switches and other vendor NICs.

Also check if you have port negotiation ON. Port negotiation is enabled by default. The ports on both ends of a link must have the same setting. The link will not come up if the ports at each end of the link are set inconsistently (port negotiation enabled on one port and disabled on the other).

You could also use the information provided in the following doc to troubleshoot NIC compatibilty issues.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/46.html

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card