cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Frame-Relay Traffic Shaping

mike-banks
Level 1
Level 1

I have a hub-spoke Wan design. The hub is a T1. The spokes are all smaller than a T1. I was thinking about implementing traffic shaping at the hub because I am seeing some congestion at two of the remote sites and will be installing some application software at the remote sites that is bandwidth and delay sensitive. I am using weighted fair queuing and my CIR on all circuits is 0. I am using 0 CIR because my service provider does not drop packets. What would you suggest for my cir,bc and mincir values? I was thinking about using the following for one of the 512K circuits. Would you agree with this? Should I make the mincir higher since my cir from the service provider is 0 anyway? I

map-class frame-relay 512K

frame-relay adaptive-shaping becn

frame-relay cir 512000

frame-relay bc 64000

frame-relay mincir 256000

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Since there has been no response to your post, it appears to be either too complex or too rare an issue for other forum members to assist you. If you don't get a suitable response to your post, you may wish to review our resources at the online Technical Assistance Center (http://www.cisco.com/tac) or speak with a TAC engineer. You can open a TAC case online at http://www.cisco.com/tac/caseopen

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

r.majo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Mike-Banks.

We do not have a similar application but we have a customer that handle voice and data ( internet, corporative email, traffic ) and due problems with the voice we changed the encapsulation from ppp to frame-relay.

The final configuration is:

interface Serial0/0

description ENLACE WAN IP-VPN INTERBANK CD33244

ip address 10.144.7.26 255.255.255.252

no ip redirects

no ip proxy-arp

ip accounting output-packets

encapsulation frame-relay IETF

no ip route-cache

no ip mroute-cache

load-interval 30

frame-relay traffic-shaping

frame-relay interface-dlci 16

class VOIP512K

frame-relay lmi-type ansi

!

map-class frame-relay VOIP512K

no frame-relay adaptive-shaping

frame-relay cir 512000

frame-relay bc 5000

frame-relay be 0

frame-relay mincir 512000

service-policy output IPVPN

frame-relay fragment 640

We as Telefonica Data Peru S.A.A. provides the same configuration at the PE and customer router.

If you have any other question do not hesitate to email me:

roger.majo@telefonica-data.com.pe

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card