cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fresh Install of Ciscoworks2000 4th edition

rayray221
Level 1
Level 1

Because of multiple problems with current install of CiscoWorks, I've decided to install fresh copy on another server. I am using Windows 2000 server and am installing the following componants:

CD one 4th ed

RME v3.3

Campus Manager v3.1

Device Fault Manager v1.1

I have a few questions:

What windows updates should I have, service pack 1 or 2 or 3? Can I install other pre SP3 or SP4 updates?

What updates/patches do I need for the CiscoWorks software? I have the Java update and have noticed others on Cisco's site for each of the other componants (CD ONE, RME, CM,DFM), howerver I am having a hard time determining which patches are for my versions. Also, is there a specific order for the updates/patches? Do I need to configure the componants before installing the next ones? Should I install the patches for the componants before installing the next one?

Is there anything else I should be aware of?

I realize I might be asking a lot, so any other help is greatly appreciated.

Ray Mileo

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Instead of installing 4th Ed bundle, I'd suggest that you go witht he latest 6th Ed bundle (if possible) which is available and supports SP3 along with Win2K Adv. Server and tons of bug fixes.

At this point, that is not an option.

Then 4th Ed only supports SP1. No SP2 or SP3. The install order would be CD-One 4th Ed first and then rest of the apps. Install docs have all the answers to your original questions. Though there are many new hardware which is not supported in this release.