cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Giants and mtu on 10gig interface

declang
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently seeing large number of giants being logged on my Ten Gig interfaces.

The MTU size for the interface is set at 9216 so I find it hard to believe that I am receiving any packets greater than this size. Indeed I am not seeing any corresponding input/output errors being logged so I am not sure what is going on.

I am also seeing the same behaviour to a lesser extent on the Gig interfaces and also on other 7606 boxes.

any ideas why ????

5 Replies 5

Hello,

which hardware platform and IOS are you running ? There are numerous bugs where giants are not counted correctly, you might be hitting one of them...

Regards,

GP

Hi GP ,

This problem is being encountered on a 7606 and the code being run is Version 12.2(17d)SXB4

any help appericated

thanks

Declan

Hi ther

We did face some kinda problems even with 12.2(18)SXD3 in our 7606 boxes which we fixed up after upgrading the boxes to 12.2(18)SXD5,i wud suggest you too to give try by updating the ios codes in one of the box and chek out the stability..

regds

Hi ,

Did yu open a tac case ? And was a bug id assigned ?

Did your upgrade fix your problem ?

Regards

Hi

we were facing some issues in some of our boxes installed which we did fix up with upgrade,we did speak to cisco and did that.

And AFAIK no bug id has been raised for tht ...

regds

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card