Helpful
Replies

Help with Home Office VPN Configuration

npbreweramch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm looking for assistance with this Home office VPN configuration:

1. Home office network uses home internet for normal internet traffic but can connect to and resolve work assets as well. I'm assuming I'll have to to some NAT/PAT from the home office network to the work network. Our work network consists of 10.x.x.x networks. My hope is that the Home Office computers can auth to work DCs at work location as well. Essentially I'd like the Home Office computers to work as if they were connected to the work network (resolve work DNS). I realize the 192.168.2.x network may not be the best solution and a separate 10.x.x.x network may be needed on the home side.

2. Regular home network works as normal but routes through current soho router and the ASA for internet access.

Andy Home Office (1).pngI have full Admin rights to both sides of this configuration. Just looking for best practice configuration advice for the setup.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

What you're trying to do is site to site vpn. While configuring this, you'll need to define a crypto acl to define which traffic is allowed to go over the ipsec tunnel.
Here a cisco doc showing how to do it:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/asa-5500-x-series-next-generation-firewalls/119141-configure-asa-00.html

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question