cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hosts Network Connectivity Hanging

rickyt00
Level 1
Level 1

Our network has been seening very strange problems over the past few weeks. Now it seems that different PC's over our network will just stop responding to anything. If they have a session open to something. I.e telnet, web... it will stay open but anything else will not work. I have tried power cycling the switch the user is on but that did not help, most times after a reboot it works though. I have scanned the machine for viruses, and spyware but nothing. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

2 Replies 2

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

Have you seen any error messages? Have any of the ports gone into errdisable state? You might want to take a look at this doc for troubleshooting steps.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/46.html

No I have been checking for errors on all the interfaces, nothing has really been jumping out at me. Through using Etherpeek though, when a host does go down. I watched all packets going from that machine it seems that the packets get to the destination but it just does not know how to send it back to the host. I have eigrp running on all my routers, I have checked all my configs but everything seems fine. I am running out of ideas?