cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I connect L2 VLAN across FTD Site-to-Site VPN using FTD 2110s

newbieftd
Level 1
Level 1

I need to connect an Out of Band (OOB) network across a site-to-site VPN already established.

Running FMC (v7.2.8) managed FTD (v7.2.5) firewall.L2 diagramL2 diagram

I have searched, but I've had no luck finding any information.

Thanks, Cliff

8 Replies 8

newbieftd
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, but not sure if this is what I am looking for, as I see this requires NAT, and I need full layer 2, so broadcasts etc. cross to the other side without NAT.

As I know ftd not support l2tpv3

So if you have any device support l2tpv3 connect to both ftd ypu run l2tpv3 over vpn between ftd.

MHM

newbieftd
Level 1
Level 1

I found that the FTD’s can do VxLAN on their own https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/secure-firewall-management-center/221043-configure-vxlan-interfaces-on-secure-ftd.html (read but not implemented yet).

But I could use a little more detail on the exact connectivity to the inside switches.  The actual connectivity to the FTD (does it need its own interface, or can it be a sub-interface on my internal LAN interface.

-cliff

newbieftd
Level 1
Level 1

Also, the document states “The configure section assumes that the underlay network is already configured on threat defense via the Secure Firewall Management Center. This document is focused on overlay network configuration.” My underlay network is working, but is it setup correctly for VxLAN?

Just a brief: SW1-{port1} --> FTD-{interfaceA} <—>FTD-{interfaceB} --> SW2-{port2}

Is SW-{port1} an access port or trunk? Is FTD-{interfaceA} a dedicated interface or can it be a Sub-Interface? Same with {port2} and {interfaceB}?

Thanks-

Indeed ftd use in DC and with vxlan let check your requirements with ftd and vxlan

Update you tonight 

Thanks 

MHM

Can you check if you use vti which give you new interface which later you can use for vxlan

MHM

newbieftd
Level 1
Level 1

When logging on the CLI of each FW, I should be able to ping each side of the VTEP interface (172.24..101.1 <--> 172.24.107.1) But it is failing.

I am not sure what the issue is. I have attached a an updated image and PDF (not sure which is best), edited FW configs are in the image.

2024-10-02_09-13-18.jpg

Thanks-

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card