cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How Know if two interfaces works

FBARRERAR
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a 3800 and two Serial Interfaces, but one work with DPL (Data) and the second work with Frame Relay (Data and 64 Kb Voice), How know if the router send the trafic for the Frame Relay? What Happen if i change the DPL to Frame Realy too ?

Thanks

Fabian

5 Replies 5

Adam Frederick
Level 3
Level 3

More info please? What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Ok, Adam

Today I have a router working with two private services, in the S0 I have Frame Relay (Voice (60K and Data 60K) in the S1 i have a Frame Realy (Only Data 128 K), I am not sure if the router is manage the traffic and which interface is use to send the data firts and which in second place.

Hi,

you can verify load balancing with the show interface command.

For example the output bellow was taken from a live router with two 1 mbps links, so we should be getting equal share load balancing. As you can see the txload values on both intefaces are pretty close to each other so the load balancing is really working in this case. Same thing for rxload values.

CoreVoip# show interfaces ser 1/0:0

Serial1/0:0 is up, line protocol is up

Internet address is 10.1.32.158/30

MTU 1500 bytes, BW 1000 Kbit, DLY 20000 usec,

reliability 255/255, txload 79/255, rxload 109/255

CoreVoip# show interfaces ser 2/0:0

Serial2/0:0 is up, line protocol is up

Internet address is 10.1.32.154/30

MTU 1500 bytes, BW 1000 Kbit, DLY 20000 usec,

reliability 255/255, txload 77/255, rxload 111/255

HTH.

Regards.

I understand your point, so what is the behavior if i will use "for example in your configuraction" the serial 1/0 interface to VOIP channel of 64 kbps too, ¿the router will use the s2 interface to send the data with preference ?, I can program the router to use the s2 in first place to send data.

Regards

Fabian

joyride_us
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am not sure to understand your question...are you asking if the frame-relay interface is used at all to send traffic ?

What I would do is a 'sh ip route' and look which interface the router wants to use to go where.

I might have totally misunderstood your request though!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card