cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to allow outside traffic in, while having a dynamic ip

denis.roy
Level 1
Level 1

Just not sure how to do this, But I need to allow 5 or so connections in this network. I'm using DHCP on my outside interface.

I thought of use ip nat outside; but I don't seem to be able to use the FastEthernet0/0 as ip source. Anyone have an idea?

5 Replies 5

globalnettech
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

do you want to allow external connections to your internal network ? With your current configuration, you allow inside to outside connections from all IP addresses in your internal network (10.4.0.0/12). What do you mean by using FastEthernet0/0 as source ?

Regards,

GNT

O, yes. I have some individuals who need access from the internet who need access to this service. Bascially, I need udp port 2056 and then 2057, etc to be mapped in to this one PC.

ip nat inside source static udp 10.20.30.40 2056 interface FastEthernet0/0 2056

You can put in as many as you need.

Since you are using DHCP you will need to look at a dynamic dns site since your IP address may change

thanks. The external IP doesn't change, but not enough to make it a big deal.

But you did point out something I wanted to look into, Can the IOS be configure as a dynamic dns client?

tdrais
Level 7
Level 7

I am assuming you want traffic that is coming into your network from the remote location to be direct to particular machines.

You can map certain ports with the NAT INSIDE STATIC and use the interface as a option.

Since you are using overload you will only be able to map a outside port to a single machine but you can map different ports to different machines.

The NAT OUTSIDE in you configuration would change the remote addresses ie the destination on outbound and the source on the inbound.