cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I need to open some ports on a Cisco C892FSP-K9 using CLI

zbryant
Level 1
Level 1

I replaced our home Netgear router with this Cisco unit, and it is behind the AT&T gateway.

The Cisco has all ports on VLAN1 in Trunk mode using overload to port 8, and it's performing well, except I'm having trouble with some of our smart devices since the changeover.

For example, some Alexa devices have to be able to reach the Alexa servers as well as their third-party servers.

I need some ports open for the devices to communicate with various servers, which they're currently reporting difficulty doing so.

What CLI commands do I need to use to:

1) Temporarily disable the firewall using CLI in order to verify everything begins working properly. And then re-enable it.

2) Open or close individual ports for all users.

Even though I'm behind the gateway firewall, I'm not looking to eliminate the Cisco firewall.

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You may want to look at a solution such as https://community.cisco.com/t5/routing/help-on-c892fsp/m-p/4271482#M345283
     to get an idea on port allowance management , but actually you need the reverse (indeed). Scrutinizing the whole thread will give you an idea on the configuration model and or may help to try to achieve your settings, 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '