Helpful
Replies

Installing CiscoWorks for Windows eval returns "No components selected" err

anepomn
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All! Sorry for the stupid question:

SUMMARY:

I am trying to install CiscoWorks 6.0 for Windows eval (just downloaded from cisco.com) on Win2000 prof. Setup returns Severe "No components selected" error (although I select "all device packages" in the installation screen).

STEP-BY-STEP

1.Start Autorun

2.Select "Custom" installation type.

3.In the "Select destination folder" window confirm default path "C:\Program Files\CWW6"

4.In the "Select device packages to install" window click "Select All", all the packages are selected in the window, click "next"

5.Error message "No components selected", setup terminates

Any advices? Thank you and sorry for the stupid question again...

Aleks

2 Replies 2

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

I just downloaded the same zip file and installed it without any such errors using Custom Install. Make sure that after you download the zip file, it's file size matches exactly with that listed on the CCO download page to ensure that the download is not bad. Also, ensure that the option 'Use folder names' is checked in the Extract dialog of WinZip while extracting the zip file. Follow the readme file carefully.

Thank you for your time and trying to help me.

1. I have downloaded WorksForWindows again and checked MD5 on both downloads - it was correct both times.

2. I decided to try another "unzip" utility (some windows GUI zip instead of DOS command line "pkunzip.exe"). And seems like this made the difference!!! I could run install without any problems.

Thank for your effort, it was important for me to know that someone could get the product to work.

Regards,

Aleksandr