cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Insufficient Memory to boot the image!

j.lolley
Level 1
Level 1

Advice Requested: I have a 2620 Router with 8Mb of flash and 24 Mb of RAM. I’m attempting to load 12.0.3.T3 IP IOS image requiring 4Mb of flash and 20 Mb of RAM and am receiving “Insufficient Memory to boot the image” error. I’ve attempted to download the image to the router through ROMMON via “tftpdnld” several times to ensure a stable copy of the image was residing in Flash memory, with no prevail. Furthermore, I’ve attempted to boot the image directly from the TFTP server and encounter the same error. The router was previously running 12.0.1T IOS version which is now deferred, If anybody can shed some light on this problem, I’d appreciate it.

2 Replies 2

jbaigorr
Level 1
Level 1

You might have a problem with your memory card. Perform a show mem, show blocks, and show version.

Show memory---will tell you how much memory you are currently using.

show blocks- if you see any zero's you might be running low on memory buffers

show version-- look for any signs that the router might have rebooted due to some PC errors. If router rebooted for some reason it should have created a crash_info file.

If all else fails open up a case with TAC to analize these outputs and crash_info file.

Cheers,

gonzalo.

jahil
Level 1
Level 1

If you can Tell me the exact file name of Your Cisco IOS file , we can be sure what the problem is. I believe that the problem is less memory. This version of software required 32 MB RAM.

You better have to check from Cisco Web Site for the memory requirements. Always remember in modular routers you can not install IOS or Modules with out forgetting Memory on Router.

Hope this will Help,

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: