cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Invalid File - Unable to open File

raymund
Level 1
Level 1

I downloaded 16.5.1 Secure Network Devices but was unable to open it and says "File contains corrupted Physical  Workspace Data" while it works on my classmate's laptop/pc.

Is there any way I can fix this? Tried downloading a new file, issue still persist. Also tried reinstalling CPT, still the same problem.Screenshot_37.jpg

10 Replies 10

hojin.lee
Level 1
Level 1

I opened the packet tracer file in I2IoT, but it failed with the same symptom.
For reference, I'm using the packet tracer that I newly downloaded today.
Both PC and MAC have the same problem

I have the same problem, taking the course in Portuguese Brazil, but it seems that the course in English is ok.

hello alyssonrc. i have the same problem and i cant find the course. can you provide me the course name in ingles please? I cant find it

work.bukreev
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem with a file from CCNA course. Hey Cisco are you going to fix it?

Level 1
Level 1

I also have the same problem with most of the .pka files on both version 7.2.2 and 8.1.0

alex.garciase
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem with version 8.1.1, using Windows 11. What OS do you use?

uo250607
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem. Windows 10 PT version 8.1.1. Any solution?

alex.garciase
Level 1
Level 1

Solution:

In windows 10 as in windows 11 it worked for me to change the language in my case from Spanish to English, I downloaded it again and this time the error no longer appeared, I hope it works for others.

It worked in Mexico 02/11/2022

oleg3
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem on packet tracer ver 8.1.1 . Fixing problem: installation older version of packet tracer in my case ver 7.3.1.

pk1.jpg

pk2.png

alyssonrc
Level 1
Level 1

this problem is with other languages, in the English course it is normal.