cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS/CatOS Safe Harbor Versions

m-loughry
Level 1
Level 1

What is a "safe harbor" version and how do I get the list of what those versions are for my various platforms of switches. I need to compile a list of versions for my switches in my network. any info is greatly appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Safe Harbor is a Cisco initiative that provides global financial-services enterprises with a stable Cisco software version of choice. This is mostly for CAT6500 platform. You can find more on CCO including Safe Harbor Testing Status on CCO at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns504/networking_solutions_program_category_home.html

Thanks. For my models outside of the 6500, such as the 3550, 3560, other than complying with the apars and deferral notices, how would I determine if the IOS on the switch is outdated and should be upgraded? is there a matrix out there that lists minimum recommended code levels for these models?

None that I am aware of. IOS version mostly depends on your network design/traffic. So I would pick a 12.2 release such as 12.2(25)SE and stick to the latest maintenance release in it to get the bug fixes.