cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible log in to the router with the help of SCRIPT.

tripatpalsingh
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

our is a ISP setup, and our netwrok centrally controlled. for logging into router we have username and password , which are Ist auth. from TACACS server and then we r permkitted to log into he router, so every time u have to enter user name and password. my question is that can logging can be done with the help of sripting so that i needn't have to give all the time username and password and can save my time in critical conditions. if some buddy have ne idea of this pz let me know.

thanx,

tripat

6 Replies 6

huangxb
Level 1
Level 1

You can use some telnet software like "CRT 3.3"

"AUTO LOGIN" can be done.

herman.koning
Level 1
Level 1

From a Unix box create a script.

telnet 156.4.4.4 << EOF

cisco

enable

cisco

EOF

after running this script you are in enable mode on the 156.4.4.4

you can also use this to get your config automatically.

Hello,

I tried your solution and It doesn't work for my equipments.

I get the following message on my unix host:

skyrock:[/] #telnet -8 192.168.212.253 << EOF

> ***

> enable

> ***

> EOF

Trying 192.168.212.253...

Connected to 192.168.212.253.

Escape character is '^]'.

Connection closed by foreign host.

Is there something special to do in the configuration of the device ( currently a 2924XL-NM switch ) or on my unix host ?

I would like to use this to automatically save the configurations of my network devices.

dhirtz
Level 1
Level 1

Secure CRT or CRT has example scripts which I modified and do exactly what your wanting. Check out www.vandyke.com

Use "expect", is excellent.

jahil
Level 1
Level 1

if the matter is just typing login and passwd you can define local users in Cisco so that everytime you do not need to run to look a username and passwd,

The other best way is to use the CERT Terminal, Expect is best option but you need to learn that.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card