cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

isdn call

anatsira
Level 1
Level 1

I know that we can initiate calls with the command "dialer map..".

I would like to know if we can manage the incoming calls with this same command ( we are accustomed to managing them by an interface dialer with dialer called script ). if so, is there an example?

thank you

5 Replies 5

anatsira
Level 1
Level 1

Or how can i manage different incoming calls with " dialer map .." command?

Thanks

Need to know what exactly you want to manage for incoming call..

Using dialer map for incoming call is only useful to allocate the static ip address based on the username received from dialin side..

In fact, currently we have a isdn connection with a customer. The call is initiated by our router which uses an interface dialer with the "dialer string" command.

At the customer side, He set up the "dialer map" command on the interface s1/0:15 of his router. This customer receives several calls (approximately 24) coming from various places and each dialer map corresponds to an incoming call. Thus he has approximately 24 dialer map on the interface s1/0:15.

But we realized that His configuration poses problem because it is necessary for us to launch several attempts and to wait several minutes to establish connection without all channels of his routeur being occupied. We advised with this customer to set up dialer interface and associated each incoming call with an interface dialer ( dialer called command ). But the customer does not want to change his configuration to not disturb his other connections ( 24 dialer map ).

Then I would like to know if it is judicious to configure as many dialer map on the same interface? How the router can associate an incoming call with a dialer map? Because I am convinced that the problem comes owing to the fact that their router does not manage to associate our call to the good dialer map.

I hope that you understood the problem

Thanks

You can configure as many dialer map as you want on a single dialer interface..

Each dialer map statement has a name associated with it. So incoming call will be subjected to dialer map based on the "name" received during the authentication phase of PPP. That name is case sensitive as well. So based on the name received during authentication, the static ip address will be assigned which is configured on that dialer map.

So in your case, the customer site may not have a correct (mispelled) name or ip address configured in the dialer map for you.

You can ask customer to turn on "debug dialer" to see that.

dqq
Level 1
Level 1

thank you so much!!!